MDfx were commissioned to deliver an extensive yet discreet, fully integrated smart home solutions for this beautiful 3 storey smart home in Kensington. This house has some very interesting features, the whole of the top storey was converted into the master suite, there is a small pavilion in the garden for relaxing or entertaining, an out lounge at the end of the garden with a gym, and in the centre of the house is a large skylight window which acts as a light well for the stairwell and communal hallways.
SOME OF THE TECHNOLOGY INSTALLED:
- The house is controlled by Crestron throughout with Crestron faceplates with custom engravings for controlling audio and lights, in-wall Crestron touch panels, and Crestron apps on their iPads to control the entire home.
- We designed and built a full home cinema with hidden JVC projector and a fixed Vutec screen with acoustically transparent fabric to enable us to hide Speakercraft speakers behind it.
- Bowers & Wilkins-wall/in-ceiling speakers throughout this smart home in Kensington play music that is distributed from iPod docks.
- Full telephone system.
- Security: intruder alarm; home CCTV cameras all over the house externally;
- Side door entry; gate intercom and key code; and window vibration sensors which are recessed in with custom made back boxes and faceplates.
- Smoke/fire detection and alarms throughout the house.
- Loewe TV in the living room.
- Wall mounted LG TV in the gym.
- Tidy Middle Atlantic AV rack with movie server and iPod dock.
- Motorised lights all the way up the hallway.
Full Home Automation, Home Cinema, Lighting Control, Networking, Fire & Security, Telephony, Cloud Control, Electric Blinds & Curtains, Consultancy – All areas covered.
Adress: Unit 1, Dolphin Wharf, 3 Rockingham Rd, Uxbridge UB8 2UB
Phone: +44 01895262600
At MDfx, we believe that a hands-on approach is the best way to gain a greater understanding of the systems we provide. We achieve this by giving our home automation installation and management teams their own personal control systems, which enables them to experience and understand them from the user’s perspective. We also regularly participate in industry and supplier training.
Having established ourselves as one of the most efficient and bespoke smart home installation companies the UK, we have been recognised for our work, winning awards for our high standards and the creativity of our services. Most recently, we won the Control4 awards at the Integrated Systems Exhibitions (ISE) in Amsterdam, where we were one of the only AV dealers in Europe to walk away with more than one award.
We design and install all of our systems to operate with efficiency, without fault, and in a way that makes them easy to use and understand. With that said, we do host training sessions to ensure that our clients get the best out of their system and are able to familiarise themselves with all of its functions.